To qualify for the committee membership, one has to be an active committee friend. A “friend of a committee” is someone who can participate in most activities as committee members and actively contribute to committee activities. Examples of committee activities include:
- Exchange information about best practices, professional development, networking, and mentoring.
- Peer review papers for the TRB Annual Meeting.
- Peer review papers for the Journal of Transportation Research Record.
- Plan workshops, lectern sessions and poster sessions at the TRB Annual Meeting.
- Author or contribute to TRB publications.
- Plan TRB webinars.
- Draft research needs statements and problem statements for TRB projects.
- Hold committee meetings at the TRB Annual Meeting.
- Plan specialty conferences.